While there are a series of butt toning exercises to firm and shape your behind, not all women achieve the figure they desire. Thus, many have directed their interest and attention to cosmetic enhancements and surgical procedures. The Brazilian butt lift, also known as BBL, is a popular surgical procedure that helps shape, contour, and firm your buttocks with minimal scarring.
Cosmetically, this procedure results in a more natural look and feel while still achieving desired lifts, curves and contours. Medically, this procedure lowers the risk of infection and rejection. It is a closed procedure, which minimizes exposure to contamination and infection. It also requires purified fat from the patient’s own body, which decreases the risk of the body rejecting foreign tissues or objects.
How Does It Work?
A Brazilian butt lift is a fat transfer process. It involves 3 steps: Liposuction, Fat Processing, and Fat Reinjection. In step 1, liposuction removes fat from other parts of the body such as the lower back, abdomen, flanks, and inner thighs. In step 2, the fat is processed or purified; debris, unhealthy or dead cells are separate from good cells for the last stage of the procedure. Lastly, in step 3, fat reinjection uses small cannulas to reinsert the fat back into the areas of the buttocks that will make it fuller, sculpted, and more lifted.
Am I A Good Candidate?
With any surgical procedure, it is important to understand the questions and topics to discuss with your surgeon. Here is a list of considerations that will help you through the decision process.
- Medical health. If you have any heart, lung, or neurological disorders, you may not be a good candidate for a BBL.
- Smoking. Smoking can compromise your ability to heal well from the surgery. If, however, you do smoke, you may be able to undergo butt lift surgery if you can refrain from smoking during the specified time frame designated by your surgeon before and after your procedure.
- Drinking. Avoid drinking to excess. This can compromise with the surgical process.
- Medications. Avoid taking certain medications or herbal products that can increase bleeding time.
- Excess Fat. The best candidate for BBL are patients that have a fair amount of fat in the abdomen, hips, waist, and lower back. However, if you are too thin and may not have enough to remove for the surgeon to use, your plastic surgeon may ask you to gain a little bit of weight or consider alternative options.
What are the Risks?
Every surgical procedure involves a certain amount of risk and it is important to understand the risks involved before setting your heart on it. Understanding the risks and potential benefits will guide you in your final decision. Please consult Dr. your doctor for a detailed breakdown of the benefits and risks associated with your specific case.
Schedule a Consultation
Although there are some great advantages to a Brazilian Butt Lift in the greater Tampa Bay area, it is important to consult an informed and experienced cosmetic surgeon when making this decision. Here, at Tampa Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery, we will discuss and review your treatment options to find the perfect fit for you and your desired results. Schedule a consultation today and call Plastic Surgery TB at (813) 774-5733 or schedule a consultation here.